Welcome to the Game Day section of the PLPA web site. Game Day is a segment that features players and how they prepare for games including what they do during the day of a game as a chronology.
This segment will feature Dan Dawson of the Portland Lumberjax.
Dan Dawson's Game Day
- Wake up to my i-pod alarm and jump in the shower.
- Head to the kitchen for a good breakfast.
- Pack my gear bag and make sure I have everything I need for shoot around and the game.
- Shoot around at the Rose Garden. Get loose and make sure I get a good stretch in. I want to make sure my stick is on so I get out on the floor early before practice.
- Team film in the dressing room. We will review our team systems and go over the opposing teams defence, offence and goalies.
- Team lunch at On Deck downtown Portland. I will eat a heavy and healthy lunch because this will be the last time I eat before the game. Remember you don't put dirt in a ferrari.
- Arrive back at the Lumberjax palace. Review game notes and match up's before nap time.
- Sleepy time.
- Wake up and put on my pre game play list on my i-pod. (Alexisonfire, Hawthrone Heights, Linkin Park, Trust Company Jay-Z)
- Put the kids in the car (Holman, Crashley, Weber, Jacobs) and head to the Rose Garden.
- Arrive at the rink and do some mental visualization before I get ready.
- Start pre game routine.
- First warm up will began. Just helmet and gloves.
- Get your full gear on for second warm up.
- Second warm up is full equipment and more contact involved so we will be game ready.
- End of Warm up
- Coach Keenan will say a few words and get the boys pumped for the game.
- Game Time
- To On Deck for a few drinks. Mingle with fans and opposing players.
Past Game Day